Space KITAAAA!!!!

Space KITAAAA!!!!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

7 Jan 2011 -- It's Time To Party!!! :D

As much as this this post is long overdue, there is no way I will forget to post this on my blog.
Last week, we had booked a chalet at Costa Sands Resort to chill out. At around 6.30pm, the core group headed for the chalet first to set up everything and start the barbecue, having earlier went to swim and play soccer before that. As I had something on earlier, I decided to head for the party later with Aaron, not forgeting to chip in some soft drinks and snacks as well.

When Aaron and I arrived at the chalet about 20 minutes later from Pasir Ris Interchange, the party has already started and the smell of barbecued food was simply irresistable. However, our experience in barbecue was left severly wanting. One friend, let us call him 'V', decided to put in half a box of fire-starter into the barbecue pit in the hope of starting up the fire more quickly. Obviously this backfired, while it had achieved the desired outcome of starting the fire quickly, the flames were so big that our whole barbecue pit looked more like an inferno. Have you seen the Foxtrot comic strip where Roger Fox barbecue stuff for his family? Well, I guess we nearly did a 'Roger Fox'.

A bit is an understatement...zzz
Our solution (not a permanent one though) is to douse the flames from time to time, although the flames of fury still managed to break past our defences and threatened to burn our food. As a result, some of our chicken wings and sausages were a bit burnt. FDortunately, the food still tasted good, and edible. I like the satay and the sambal sting ray the most, not only because they were cooked very well, they tasted really delicious as well.


After nearly 2 hours of barbecue, we decided to head in for some fun and games. Lloyd had brought his Playstation 3 and some of the games along and we decided to play a bit of Modern Warfare 3 first. Shortly after, we had a mini FIFA 11 face-off.


Nomnomnom...
First-up, it was my Inter Milan against Vincent's Liverpool. Our match was perpetually disrupted by a bee, which refused to get out of our room despite our persistent 'pleas' (we actaully killed it, so it wasn't much of a plea.) That aside, I won 1-0 thanks to a lucky strike and the fact that Vincent's Liverpool accumulated so many fouls that there were a flurry of red and yellow cards flying around across the Reds camp.

After which, Round 2 features a show-down between my Blackburn and Joshua's Liverpool. Apparently, I had underestimated Joshua and more important, Liverpool's strength (Please don't kill me, Liverpool fans! >.<). My Blackburn had taken an early lead through a powerful strike, but Blackburn's defence gave way in the 2nd half and Torres scored twice to wrap up Liverpool's victory.

After a few more rounds of FIFA11, I had to head home first as I had to be up early the next morning. (From what I understand, the party continued late into the night with drinking games etc.) Despite my early departure, I enjoyed my time at the chalet! It was awesome being with a bunch of good friends and I hope we can have another chalet like this.

(Edit: We WILL have another chalet like this... very soon! ^^ So watch this space! Cheers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment