Space KITAAAA!!!!

Space KITAAAA!!!!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Something I Heard Off The Radio...(which I thought was good)

Heard this off the radio this morning...
I thought it was well-written, because it fully captures what the roles of a wife and a husband in order to make a family complete. What makes it more interesting is that both statements follow the numerical order from one to ten, using words with similar pronunciation to replace some of the numbers. It's in Chinese, but here we go.

To the husband:
一个温暖的家;两只操劳的手;三更不熄等你归家的灯;四季注意身体的叮嘱;无微不至的关怀;六旬婆母的微笑;起早贪黑对孩子的照顾;八方维护你的威信;九下厨房为了你爱吃的一道菜;十年为你逝去的青春……这就是你的妻子。

To the wife:
一个男人的责任;两肩挑起的重担;三更半夜的劳累;四处奔波的匆忙;无法倾诉的委屈;留在脸上的沧桑;七姑八姨的义务;八上八下的波折;九优一疵的凡人;时对家对子的真情……这就是你的丈夫。

And because my translation skills are pretty bad, I shall not trouble myself in case I mess it up. Anyway, the English translation doesn't really encapsulates the original meaning as well as its Chinese version or come across as poetic either. Yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment