Space KITAAAA!!!!

Space KITAAAA!!!!

Friday, May 6, 2011

My Hallyu Top 5! :D

I was exposed to K-pop at a much later stage compared to many other Hallyu Wave fans, but nevertheless, I find that the songs are quite cool. The emergence of so many different artistes and groups,however, can be quite confusing though... :-S

When I listen to K-pop, what attracts me is actually not the appearance of the artistes (although it is, a contributing factor to how much I enjoy that song). Rather, I like how some of the songs can make one feel like dancing along with the tune, and how some of the music videos are filmed.

I have friends who tell me that since they don't understand Korean, it's a bit pointless listening to K-pop. In my opinion, language is not a barrier in the world of music. As long as people enjoy a song, it is good music.

Frankly, I am not a fan of K-pop, but I am definitely a fan of good music. :D I don't have a lot of Korean songs in my MP3 player, but these are my top 5 favorites on my playlist. Enjoy...

5. Orange Caramel -- Bangkok City
As many would have known, Orange Caramel is a subgroup that contains three members from the girl group After School. They released their latest digital single this year. I liked this song because it is very catchy and the tune just doesn't go away, although the pretty Raina, Nana and Lizzy are a bonus.



4. IU -- Marshmallow
Released on November 2009 in the album "IU...IM", this song did not initially endear to me. In fact, I found the song too sweet and it took a couple of times for me to finally get used to it. Watching the MV makes me want to be the marshmellow in there... :D



3. TVXQ -- Keep Your Head Down
I have to admit, this song is the first I've heard of TVXQ. Even though they have been in the K-pop for very long and have gone through a lot(e.g. the departure of three of the members), they are still one of the strongest bands. Keep Your Head Down marks their return as a two member group.



2. 2NE1 -- It Hurts (Slow)
The first song that got me listening to K-pop is 2NE1's "I Don't Care", but I like this song because it shows a different side of this girl group. 2NE1 is known for their techno-pop its like "Go Away" and "Can't Nobody", but this song proves me wrong...they can sing anything!



1. Big Bang -- Tonight
Big Bang returns with this wonder of a hit, Tonight. The album, which also goes by the same name, went on to become a chart-topper upon its release on many Korean music chart.



So that's it, my personal K-pop favourites. Enjoy the MV!

No comments:

Post a Comment