Space KITAAAA!!!!

Space KITAAAA!!!!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

You Mean You Have No Small Change???

The first post of 2011! :D

But my first post is like more than 2 weeks due...

Anyway, I was shopping with my friend and I thought of helping my father exchange more money to HK currency since I am already outside. So I approached one of the money changers in the shopping mall.

Below is the conversation between me and the counter-assistant:

Me: Hi I would like to exchange for 1000 HK dollars.

Assistant: Um, that will be about $166 dollars. (then hands over a HK$1000 note)

Me: Um, do you only have big notes? Could I get smaller ones?

Assistant: We don't have small notes today.

Me: Uh, okay... not even 2 HK$500 notes?

Assistant: No. Only a HK$1000 note.

Me: Oh, ok thanks. I'll look elsewhere. (then walks away)

My friend then asked me why I had the weird expression when I returned, so I told him what had happened. So he went over to the SAME counter assistant and asked her to exchange for HK$500.

She told him the same thing, well almost, until she said,

"Is it okay if I give you a HK$500 note instead?"

Then I was stunned. One moment she was telling me that she could only give me a HK$1000 note, then the next moment she told my friend she only has a HK$500 note.

That's doesn't sound right. Tsk tsk.

Ayway, we found another currency exchange stand and managed to get my money changed. In HK$100 notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment